RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and Heartbreak 2

Personal Poems About Love & HeartBreak 2


    Hello people.
  Continuing from last week, 😀.
  This poem is kinda angry, so read it like it's a rant. 
  A spoken word version exists, in which I say the poem, if you actually want to hear it then just drop your email with me (subscribe 😁,) and I'll send it to you. Plus I won't spam you, promise.

Here's the rant:

TO LOVE ME

I deserve to be loved
like the ocean.
Looking at it,
you know you will
never be able to know all of it,
to drink all of it.




Which human dares to fall in love with me? 
You must be
a capeless super hero.


You must strengthen your back bone
to love me like I am a visitor 
and yet hug me like
I am the answer.


Love me with your eyes wide open.
Try to love me like God.
Say my name as prayer.

Say it 
till it has deep currents in it's sound.


Call me 
the one,
"The one. The one."


Do not hold on to me
longer than my heart wants to stay.


Unbind me as you would my bra.


Could you lose me quickly?
like white milk teeth in a 
healthy, African six year old's mouth.
Loose me.
Let me leave.


You who loves me this way,
like a gracious host,
who loves me almost like yourself,
leaves the door wide open behind my entry into your house,
wide open like the way you look at me in the morning.


Look at me !
With eyes wide open, 
like the answers to your prayers, 
open like your voice on the phone.
This is how I want to be loved.


You who lets me leave 
when I want to,
begs me not to leave 
only with a gesture,
with your eyes
telling me there is no barrier to my going except that you love me.


You,
who again holds me like God,
both freely and warmly,
it is you I will come back to 
from my roamings on the earth.


I hope,
the door will be open
when I knock before walking in,
hope the place is clean,
hope you do not place barbed wires to keep away others and me,
I hope your house is organized and
free from decay.


 I hope you do not have another visitor filling all the bedrooms.


When I come a-knocking,
I hope I come into a place whose pain is being dealt with and help deal with it,
though I'm not the healing 
to wounds I caused.


In return,
I will fill your mouth with 
my mix of salty richness,
I will be there when you need me.


Perchance, I'm not there
then I will entreat God to be there for you,
life will go on 
with you at the back of my mind.


In return for loving me, 
I will love you 
like the ocean,
elusive and real.




Rush over you
like the ocean,
owned by no one,
fresh,
free to roam,
free to come and go,
ebb and flow.


I know I'm obnoxious,
I know
but
I do not ask for much,
I'm actually  a loving person too,
and I know 
I can try to love you like God.


Comments

  1. chibuokemfavour@gmail.com

    would totally love the spoken words of this as long as it is rendered as beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤩 Thank you.
      Um...if you can find beauty in anger then it is.
      I'll send it to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and HeartBreak 3

RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and HeartBreak 4