RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and HeartBreak 4

Personal Poems About Love & HeartBreak 4

   Hello, people!!!

  I took some time off to think on writing new poems and I did that because posting old ones kinda reignited my poetic aura 🙄 (whatever that means).

  I promised an extra for the day I missed posting on a Thursday and it's coming in tomorrow, 😁. OK! I'm really sorry, though it's worth the time it took.

  So... this is one of the newer ones, 🤩, I would love to know what you think; tell me in the comments.

  Here:

SILENCE


We speak something new these days,
it's no more,
"I love you."
"You're just… something."
it's no more laughter,
it is silence,
a stranger.



Creeps into our phone talks,
this sneaking in:
 I don't know where it started, 
when it started,
I just know that it's not the comfortable type,
not the type my parents share after a meal.



It is jagged,
scratchy like lace,
suffocating: firewood smoke:
rising from our dying fire.





Honestly,
these phone calls
leave me thirsty.



Sometimes, I feel both of us do it on purpose
because
maybe silence is much better than talking about what you did,
maybe it's easier to say,
"It's fine,"
and hang up.



It's easier to act like we have talked about how hurt I am,
about the fact that I am still getting used to you being back,
that your warm lips make me cry,
that I don't know if they'll always be here.



It's easier to be silent and then form our mouths into,
"Talk later."



Better silence than truth.


Better silence than truth.



I guess,
phone calls between lovers do not need to be long and chatty,
and
neither does a poem.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and HeartBreak 3

PEOPLE ISH: HER HAIR