Personal Poems About Love and HeartBreak 6

Personal Poems About Love & Heart Break 6

  Hello. Feeling taciturn.

  This is the last poem on this theme for now. 🙂. They'll be more on Fridays, on other stuff.

You're here for the poem, yeah? Here it is:

THREAD

"Love is a hung picture 
thrown down
by a nail that rejects it."

I explained,
heart broken,
to my friend.

Did the nail reject it?
Is the nail capable of rejecting it?

Black,
shiny,
strong,
beyond doubt strong,
hammered into the existence of
anchor,

this nail was meant 
to hold us
together in our own hand-painted picture.

We wanted to hang
our love on Love.
We did it,
held up for three years and some.

Three years of dusting, cleaning,
getting new frames,
adding colors,
drab colors; brilliant, beautiful colors;
quiet, earthy colors.

They were three years of striking love and firewood smoke.

Death:

our picture did not just fall,


It fell and broke.
And
it wasn't even the nail's fault;
you stopped painting,
YOU SLY.

The smoke your silence was,
became irritating to my eyes,
ash from it marred our picture
so,

I cut the thread,

my days are now spent avoiding
stabs from glass pieces,
avoiding the purple thread in my right hand pulling me to tie it back,
because it knows I can, I can;
spent just avoiding, mostly.

Who knows an expert at fixing broken pictures?

Tell that person to
come work
on glass dust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and HeartBreak 3

RANDOM: Personal Poems About Love and Heartbreak 2

PEOPLE ISH: HER HAIR